Franciszek Tobiasz Family – Research Summary Part II
I would like to summarize the records that I’ve found so far, for Franciszek Tobiasz. All the records are from the Kujawy area of Poland. The present day locations are in Gmina Inowrocław, Gmina Zakrzewo, Gmina Bądkowo, and Gmina Lubanie, all within Kujawsko-Pomorskie Province. The information is derived from the listed records below.
- Baptism of Franciszek Tobiasz (1838)
- Marriage of Franciszek Tobiasz and Marianna Ziemecka (1864)
- Baptism of Michał Tobiasz (1866)
- Baptism of Łukasz Tobiasz (1871) – UPDATED INFO
- Death of Łukasz Tobiasz (1873) – UPDATED INFO
- Baptism of Szczepan Tobiasz (1873) – UPDATED INFO
- Baptism of Józefa Tobiasz (1878) – UPDATED INFO
- Baptism of Walenty Tobiasz (1879)
- Baptism of Zofia Tobiasz (1881) – UPDATED INFO
- Death of Zofia Tobiasz (1882) – UPDATED INFO
- Baptism of Marianna Tobiasz (1883) – UPDATED INFO
- Death of Franciszek Tobiasz (1884) – UPDATED INFO
- Death of Jakób Tobiasz (1885) – UPDATED INFO
- Death of Marianna Tobiasz (1892) – UPDATED INFO
- Marriage of Michał Tobiasz and Józefa Kacprzak (1892) – UPDATED INFO
- Marriage of Antoni Wojciechowski and Józefa Tobiasz (1896) – UPDATED INFO
- Marriage of Szczepan Tobiasz and Marianna Gołębiewska (1901) – UPDATED INFO
- Marianna Tobiasz – Bądkowo Inhabitant Registers – UPDATED INFO
- Antoni Wojciechowski – Sedzin Inhabitant Registers – UPDATED INFO
- Antoni Wojciechowski – Bądkowo Inhabitant Registers – UPDATED INFO
- Michał Tobiasz – Bądkowo Inhabitant Registers – UPDATED INFO
- Szczepan Tobiasz – Bądkowo Inhabitant Registers – UPDATED INFO
Preface: Currently, the records for the Siniarzewo Parish, for years between 1867-1870, are not available online on the Genealogy in Archives website. These same years are not available through the Family History Center, so I will need to wait for the records to be available online. If these records are available on Genealogy in Archives, I will add the records that are found to this summary. Also, there is a five year gap between 1873-1878 where I have not found any records from this family. There must be a parish that the family had a residency near that I have not yet found. Once I find this parish and records, I will add them to this summary.
Franciszek Tobiasz was born in the village of Dulsk (1), on February 18th, 1838, to his parents Stanisław Tobiasz and Agnieszka Buszka. Sometime before April 1845, the Stanisław and Agnieszka Tobiasz family moved from the Prussian village of Dulsk (or one the surrounding villages) to the Russian village of Krotoszyn (2).
Franciszek would seek employment as a laborer in the village of Siniarzewo (3), where he also lived. Some of his brothers and sisters also resided in the area. On May 11th, 1864, Franciszek married Marianna Ziemecka (who was born in Lubanie (4)), in the village of Gosławice (5). Franciszek and Marianna had a child named Michał in the village of Siniarzewo, on September 23rd, 1866.
At this point in time, I assume that Franciszek and his family continued to reside in the villages of Siniarzewo and Gosławice between 1866 to 1871. According to the Bądkowo Permanent Residence Inhabitant Registers, the couple would give birth to their son Jakób on June 3rd, 1869, in the village of Gosławice. On October 5th, 1871, in the village of Gosławice, the couple would give birth to a son named Łukasz. Less than two years later, Łukasz would die on May 30th, 1873, in the village of Gosławice. By the end of 1873, the couple would have another child. In the village of Gosławice, their son Szczepan was born on December 7th, 1873.
The years between 1874 and 1877 are a bit of a mystery, because no records can be found from the Siniarzewo or surrounding parishes for this couple. I’ve also searched through the Lubanie parish with no results.
By the beginning of 1878, the couple were residing in the settlement of Siniarzewo and working as laborers. On February 18th, 1878, their daughter Józefa was born. Franciszek’s nephew Mateusz Tobiasz was listed as the Godfather. Sometime before December 1879, Franciszek and his family moved to Suitkowo (near Lubanie) (6) and lived as a journeyman. During the baptism of Walenty Tobiasz (son of Mateusz Tobiasz and Anna Marciniak), in the village of Łowiczek (7), Franciszek was listed as the Godfather. Another gap between records occurs at this time. From 1878 to 1881, the family is living in a village within a parish that I have yet to find.
By May of 1881, the family was residing in the village of Sinki (8), in the Siniarzewo parish. On May 12th, 1881, their daughter Zofia was born. Zofia would die in the village of Gosławice on October 18th, 1882, aged 1 year old. The family would move to the village of Młynek (9) in 1883, where Franciszek was a domestic worker. The village of Młynek belonged to the Koneck Parish. On October 7th, 1883, their daughter Marianna was born. Just three months later, on December 28th, 1883, Franciszek Tobiasz would pass away in the village of Młynek. He would leave behind his wife and family.
Marianna Tobiasz nee Ziemecka, would move her family back to the village of Siniarzewo, house 7B, where they would keep their permanent residence. On June 15th, 1885, their 14 year old son Jakób, who worked as a groundskeeper in the village of Gosławice, died. Seven years would pass before the next tragedy would take place. On September 28th, 1892, the couples youngest daughter Marianna, would pass away in the village of Siniarzewo. Marianna would continue to live in the village Siniarzewo while raising her surviving children.
By 1892, the couple’s oldest son Michał was residing the colony of Ujma Duża (10), which belongs to the Krzywosądz Parish, working as a domestic worker. Later in the year, on October 11th, 1892, he would marry Józefa Kacprzak in the village of Czołpin (11). Michał and his wife would move to the village of Siniarzewo and start a family. The family would reside in house 11g.
In 1896, Franciszek and Marianna’s daughter Józefa would marry in the village of Siniarzewo. On October 28th, 1896, Józefa married Antoni Wojciechowski. The couple would make their permanent residency in the village of Zakrzewo (12), Gmina Sędzin, house 23, until March 7th, 1906. From this date forward, their permanent residence was listed as the village of Bądkowo (13), Gmina Bądkowo, house 1B. This family temporarily moved and lived throughout the area, so records are found in multiple parishes.
Franciszek and Marianna’s son Szczepan would marry Marianna Gołębiewska in the village of Siniarzewo, on November 10th, 1902. Szczepan was living and working as a laborer in the village of Siniarzewo. The couple would make their permanent residency in the village of Siniarzewo, Gmina Bądkowo, house 7B.
As I find more records of Franciszek and his family, I will add updates.
Here are the children (that I’ve found) of Franciszek and Marianna Tobiasz nee Ziemecka:
- Michał Tobiasz, b. May 11, 1866, d. December 2, 1912
- Jakob Tobiasz, b. June 3, 1869, d. June 15, 1885
- Lukasz Tobiasz, b. October 5, 1871, d. May 30, 1873
- Szczepan Tobiasz, b. December 7, 1873, d. August 29, 1913
- Józefa Tobiasz, b. February 18, 1878, d. unknown
- Zofia Tobiasz, b. May 12, 1881, d. October 18, 1882
- Marianna Tobiasz, b. October 7, 1883, d. September 28, 1892
- Dulsk, Kreis Inowroclaw, Department of Bromberg, Grand Duchy of Posen, United Prussian States.
- Krotoszyn, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Siniarzewo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Lubanie, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Gosławice, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Suitkowo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Łowiczek, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Sinki, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Młynek, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Ujma Duża, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Czołpin, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Zakrzewo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Bądkowo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
The map below is a combination of maps found on the website for Map Archive of Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny: http://english.mapywig.org/news.php. The map below is derived from the following areas: Ciechocinek and Radziejów. I used Photoshop to merge the maps into a panorama of the area where my ancestors were located. The map is not 100% aligned, but it does give a general idea of where villages were located.
The villages with “stars” are the Polish villages that are listed above under “Locations”. More information for the villages within this article can be found on the Slownik Geograficzny Translations page on this website: http://www.apagr.com/slownik-geograficzny-translations/
Franciszek and Marianna Tobiasz nee Ziemecka family villages of residency