Wincenty Deregowski Family – Research Summary Part 1
I would like to summarize the records that I’ve found so far, for my 3x great grandparents Wincenty Deręgowski and Zuzanna Gorzycka. Most of the records are from the Kujawy area of Poland or the surrounding areas.
The present day locations are in Gmina Piotrków Kujawski and Gmina Radziejów, all within the Kujawsko-Pomorskie Province, except where indicated. The information is derived from the listed records below.
- Baptism of Zuzanna Gorzycka (1852)
- Marriage of Wincenty Deregowski and Antonina Mazurkiewicz (1864)
- Baptism of Jadwiga Deregowska (1865)
- Death of Antonina Deregowska (1871)
- Marriage of Wincenty Deregowski and Zuzanna Gorzycka (1871)
- Baptism of Marianna Deregowska (1873)
- Baptism of Jozefa Deregowska (1876)
- Baptism of Jozef Deregowski (1879)
- Death of Jozef Deregowski (1879)
- Baptism of Maciej Deregowski (1881)
- Marriage of Antoni Radaszewski and Jadwiga Deregowska (1881)
- Death of Maciej Deregowski (1883)
- Baptism of Anastazja Deregowska (1884)
- Baptism of Stanislaw Deregowski (1888)
- Baptism of Zofia Deregowska (1891)
- Baptism of Kazimiera Deregowska (1896)
- Marriage of Franciszek Krzymianowski and Jozefa Deregowska (1904)
- Death of Wincenty Deregowski (1907)
- Marriage of Stanislaw Deregowski and Stanislawa Mujta (1913)
- Wincenty Deregowski – Piotrkow Kujawski Inhabitant Registers
All of the records above came from the Piotrków Kujawski Parish, Radziejów Parish, Połajewo Parish, or the Piotrków Kujawski Inhabitant Registers. The records are taken from the LDS films, Meldunkowe section of the Genealodzy.pl website, Szukajwarchiwach.pl website, and/or the Genealogy in Archives website.
Wincenty Deręgowski was born in the village of Palczewo (1) – Piotrków Parish, on June 15th, 1839, to his parents Maciej and Wiktoria Deręgowski nee Pietrzak. Maciej was a farmer who resided in the village of Palczewo, where he raised his children with his wife Wiktoria.
Zuzanna Gorzycka was born in Kolonia Opatowice (2) – Radziejów Parish, on August 3rd, 1852, to her parents Filip and Marianna Gorzycki nee Grzelak. Filip was a farmer who resided in Kolonia Opatowice, where he raised his children with his wife Marianna.
By 1864, Wincenty, aged 25, was a farm owner residing in the village of Palczewo. He traveled to the village of Szóstka (3) – Broniewo Parish, where he would wed his first wife Antonina Mazurkiewicz. The couple were married on November 7th, 1864. The couple would reside in the village of Palczewo. On October 7th, 1865, the couple gave birth to their first child, named Jadwiga, in the village of Palczewo. On May 25th, 1871, Antonina Deręgowska nee Mazurkiewicz, aged 24 died, in the village of Palczewo. Note: There are no records present for any additional children between 1866-1871, within the Piotrków Parish or surrounding parishes. Antonina’s death record lists Wincenty and Jadwiga as her surviving family. If any other children were born between these years, they must have passed away before 1871.
After the death of Wincenty’s first wife Antonina, he would look to marry again quickly. He would travel outside the villages of his parish and find his new wife in Kolonia Opatowice – Radziejów Parish. On July 12th, 1871, Wincenty, aged 34, would marry Zuzanna Gorzycka, aged 19, in Kolonia Opatowice. The couples place of Permanent Residence was in the village of Palczewo. On July 12th, 1873, the couple gave birth to the first child, named Marianna, in the village of Palczewo.
On January 24th, 1876, the couple gave birth to a daughter, named Józefa, in the village of Palczewo. On January 28th, 1879, the couple gave birth to a son, named Józef, in the village of Palczewo. Wincenty’s brother Kazimierz was godfather. Less than a year later, on June 18th, 1879, Józef died in the village of Palczewo. The couple would give birth to a son, named Maciej, on February 2nd, 1881, in the village of Kaczewo.
Wincenty’s daughter, Jadwiga, from his first marriage, would marry Antoni Radaszewski in the village of Kaczewo (4), on the 4th of October, 1881. The couple would reside in Nowe Połajewo (5) – Połajewo Parish and raise their family. Assumption: The couples place of Permanent Residence was in the village of Nowe Połajewo – Gmina Ruszkowo.
On January 8th, 1883, Maciej would pass away in the village of Gradowo (6). By April 1884, the couple were once again on the move. This time they would reside in the village of Piotrków (7), where Wincenty was a laborer. On April 1st, 1884, the couple gave birth to a daughter named Anastazja. Wincenty’s brother Kazimerz was the godfather. On October 7th, 1888, the couple gave birth to a son named Stanisław, in the village of Piotrków. On October 11th, 1891, the couple gave birth to a child named Zofia, in the village of Piotrków. On December 3rd, 1896, the last of the couples children, Kazimiera, was born. Marianna Deręgowska was the godmother.
Wincenty and Zuzanna’s daughter, Józefa, would marry Franciszek Krzymianowski, on January 20th, 1904, in the village of Piotrków. The couple would reside in Piotrków, until they immigrated to Milwaukee (8), Wisconsin, USA. The couple would reside in Milwaukee and raise their family until their deaths.
Stanisław Deręgowski would immigrate to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. He would marry Stanisława Mujta, in Milwaukee, at St. Adalbert’s Parish, on August 13th, 1913. The couple would raise their family in Milwaukee until their deaths.
On June 26th, 1907, Wincenty Deręgowski, aged 74, passed away in the village of Piotrków. Zuzanna would continue to raise their family in the village of Piotrków.
Children of Wincenty Deręgowski and Antonina Mazurkiewicz:
- Jadwiga Deręgowska, b. October 7, 1865, d. unknown
Children of Wincenty Deręgowski and Zofia Gorzycka:
- Marianna Deręgowska, b. July 12, 1873, d. unknown
- Józefa Deręgowska, b. January 24, 1876, d. April 23, 1951
- Józef Deręgowski, b. January 24, 1879, d. June 18, 1879
- Maciej Deręgowski, b. February 2, 1881, d. January 8, 1883
- Anastazja Deręgowska, b. April 1, 1884, d. unknown
- Stanisław Deręgowski, b. October 7, 1888, d. March 24, 1859
- Zofia Deręgowska, b. October 11, 1891, d. unknown
- Kazimiera Deręgowska, b. December 3, 1896, d. unknown
- Palczewo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Kolonia Opatowice, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Szóstka, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Kaczewo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Nowe Połajewo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Gradowo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Piotrków, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
The map below is a combination of maps found on the website for Map Archive of Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny: http://english.mapywig.org/news.php. The map below is derived from the following areas: Ciechocinek and Radziejów. I used Photoshop to merge the maps into a panorama of the area where my ancestors were located. The map is not 100% aligned, but it does give a general idea of where villages were located.
The villages with “stars” are the Polish villages that are listed above under “Locations”. Only the locations of Wincenty’s families residence are marked with “stars”. The locations of their children are not marked on this map. More information for the villages within this article can be found on the Slownik Geograficzny Translations page on this website: http://www.apagr.com/slownik-geograficzny-translations/