Walenty Jedrzejczak Family – Research Summary Part 1
I would like to summarize the records that I’ve found so far, for my 2x great grandparents Walenty and Zofia Jędrzejczak nee Kacprzak. All the records are from the Kujawy area of Poland. The present day locations for almost all records below are in Gmina Zakrzewo and Gmina Dobre, both within Kujawsko-Pomorskie Province. The information is derived from the listed records below.
- Baptism of Walenty Jędrzejczak (1858)
- Baptism of Zofia Kacprzak (1861)
- Marriage of Walenty Jedrzejczak and Zofia Kacprzak (1881)
- Baptism of Apolonia Jedrzejczak (1882)
- Death of Apolonia Jedrzejczak (1882)
- Baptism of Stanislaw Jedrzejczak (1883)
- Baptism of Marcin Jedrzejczak (1884)
- Death of Marcin Jedrzejczak (1885)
- Baptism of Michalina Jedrzejczak (1886)
- Baptism of Jan Jedrzejczak (1888)
- Baptism of Lukasz Jedrzejczak (1890)
- Death of Jan Jedrzejczak (1892)
- Death of Lucya Jedrzejczak (1892)
- Baptism of Marianna Jedrzejczak (1893)
- Death of Marianna Jedrzejczak (1893)
- Baptism of Franciszka Jedrzejczak (1894)
- Baptism of Andrzej Jedrzejczak (1895)
- Baptism of Jan Jedrzejczak (1898)
- Baptism of Salomea Jedrzejczak (1902)
- Death of Salomea Jedrzejczak (1903)
- Marriage of Stanislaw Jedrzejczak and Michalina Pluskota (1905)
- Marriage of Boleslaw Cukierski and Michalina Jedrzejczak (1907)
- Walenty Jędrzejczak – Sędzin Inhabitant Registers
- Stanislaw Jedrzejczak – Sedzin Inhabitant Registers
All of the records above came from the Sędzin Parish, Siniarzewo Parish, Koneck Parish, Byczyna Parish, the Krzywosądz Parish, or the Sędzin Inhabitant Registers. The records are taken from the LDS films, Meldunkowe section of the Genealodzy.pl website, Szukajwarchiwach.pl website, and/or the Genealogy in Archives website.
Walenty Jędrzejczak was born on January 9th, 1858, in the village of Gosławice, to his parents Paweł and Teresa Jędrzejczak nee Skonieczna. Walenty would reside in the village of Gosławice (1), where his family lived and worked.
Zofia Kacprzak was born on May 4th, 1861, to her parents Józef and Józefa Kacprzak nee Wojciechowska, in the village of Wola Bachorna (2). Zofia would reside in Wola Bachorna throughout her childhood, where her family lived and worked. Her mother Józefa passed away on December 11th, 1872. Józef would remarry the following year to Franciszka Czapska. The couple would raise Zofia until she was old enough to marry.
Walenty would enlist into the military in 1878 and was stationed in the village of Łowiczek (3). Walenty would return to Gosławice, where he would work as a laborer. Zofia was working as an attendant and residing in the village of Gosławice. On September 25th, 1881, Walenty and Zofia would marry in the village of Gosławice. The couple would have their permanent residence in the village of Gosławice, house #10. The family would travel throughout the area for work and would have children in many different parishes.
Walenty and Zofia would give birth to the first child, named Apolonia, in the village of Wola Bachorna, on the 25th of January, 1882. The godparents were Walenty’s sister Apolonia and Zofia’s step-uncle Piotr Czapski. On March 17th, 1882, Apolonia passed away, in the village of Wola Bachorna, where the family worked and resided.
The couple were back in the village of Gosławice, where Walenty was working as a laborer. On May 3rd, 1883, the couple gave birth to a son, named Stanisław. Jakób Połatowski, Walenty’s brother-in-law, was the godfather. On November 2nd, 1884, the couple gave birth to a son, named Marcin. Walenty’s father Paweł was listed as a witness. On November 21st, 1885, Marcin, aged 1, would die in the village of Gosławice. On September 7th, 1886, Michalina was born. Jakób Połatowski was listed as a witness and Agnieszka Jędrzejczak (Walenty’s sister) was listed as the godmother.
The couple would move their family to the village of Biesiekierz (4) – Koneck Parish, where Walenty would work as an attendant. On November 19th, 1888, the couple would give birth to a son, named Jan. Walenty’s sister Apolonia Połatowska nee Jędrzejczak was listed as the godmother. On December 5th, 1890, the couple gave birth to Łukasz/Łucja in the village of Gosławice. Note: The baptismal record indicates the this was a son, but the death record indicates that this was a daughter.
In 1892, two of Walenty and Zofia’s children would pass away in the village of Gosławice. On February 14th, 1892, Jan, aged 3, died. A week later, on February 21st, 1892, Łucja/Łukasz, aged 1, died. On March 8th, 1893, Walenty and Zofia gave birth to a daughter, named Marianna, in the village of Sędzinek (5) – Sędzin Parish. Walenty was working as an attendant in the village. On June 28th, 1893, Marianna would pass away. On September 1st, 1894, the couple gave birth to a daughter, named Franciszka, in the village of Sędzinek.
Walenty and the family would move to the village of Krzywosądz (6) – Krzywosądz Parish, where he worked as a laborer. On November 13th, 1895, the couple gave birth to a son named Andrzej. By 1898, the family would move to the village of Bodzanowo (7) – Byczyna Parish. On September 24th, 1898, the couple gave birth to a son named Jan. Walenty worked as an attendant.
The family would move back to the village of Gosławice by 1902. On October 20th, 1902, the couple gave birth to a daughter named Salomea. By 1903, the couple would lose their daughter Salomea. On January 13th, 1903, Salomea passed away in the village of Gosławice.
Stanisław Jędrzejczak was a laborer residing in the village of Gosławice. Likewise, Michalina Pluskota was also residing in the village of Gosławice. The couple would marry on September 24th, 1905. Stanisław’s uncle, Jakób Połatowski, was a witness to the marriage. The couple would give birth to one child in the village of Gosławice, before they immigrated to Milwaukee (8), Wisconsin, USA. The couple would work, reside, and grow their family in Milwaukee until their deaths.
Michalina Jędrzejczak would marry Bolesław Cukierski, on January 27th, 1907, in the village of Gosławice. The couple would have at least one child in the village of Gosławice before 1910. Note: I cannot find their Permanent Residence records.
Walenty and the family would remain residing in the village of Gosławice until their deaths. Note: The Siniarzewo parish records are only available until 1910.
Children of Walenty and Zofia Jędrzejczak nee Kacprzak:
- Apolonia Jędrzejczak, b. January 25, 1882, d. March 17, 1882
- Stanisław Jędrzejczak, b. May 3, 1883, d. July 25, 1967
- Marcin Jędrzejczak, b. November 2, 1884, d. November 21, 1885
- Michalina Jędrzejczak, b. September 7, 1886, d. unknown
- Jan Jędrzejczak, b. November 19, 1888, d. February 14, 1892
- Łucja Jędrzejczak, b. December 5, 1890, d. February 21, 1892
- Marianna Jędrzejczak, b. March 8, 1893, d. June 28, 1893
- Franciszka Jędrzejczak, b. September 1, 1894, d. unknown
- Andrzej Jędrzejczak, b. November 13, 1895, d. unknown
- Jan Jędrzejczak, b. September 24, 1898, d. unknown
- Salomea Jędrzejczak, b. October 20, 1902, d. January 13, 1903
- Gosławice, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Wola Bachorna, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Łowiczek, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Biesiekierz, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Sędzinek, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Krzywosądz, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Bodzanowo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
The map below is a combination of maps found on the website for Map Archive of Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny: http://english.mapywig.org/news.php. The map below is derived from the following areas: Ciechocinek and Radziejów. I used Photoshop to merge the maps into a panorama of the area where my ancestors were located. The map is not 100% aligned, but it does give a general idea of where villages were located.
The villages with “stars” are the Polish villages that are listed above under “Locations”. Only the locations of Walenty and Zofia’s residences are marked with “stars”. The locations of their children are not marked on this map. More information for the villages within this article can be found on the Slownik Geograficzny Translations page on this website: http://www.apagr.com/slownik-geograficzny-translations/