Slownik Translations – Goal Summary/New Project
I’ve just finished a huge task. I have been working on reformatting all of my Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Poliskiego entries. I have completed all the reformatting, proof reading, and the additional historical information to the 149 entries that I’ve translated thus far. This was one of my goals for 2010, so I’m very happy to have completed the task.
My next undertaking will be to provide these translations to the PGSA (Polish Genealogical Society of America). I am extremely excited to work with the PGSA to provide the organization with all of these translations that I’ve done so far. This project will start after the PGSA Conference on October 2-3. Besides providing my translations, I will be leading a project that will record the hundreds of translations that have been completed by William F. Hoffman within the PGSA monthly newsletter called “Rodziny“. Hopefully, this project will lead to the creation of the world’s best Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Poliskiego translation database. More to come….