Andzrej Tobiasz Family – Research Summary Version 2
I would like to summarize the records that I’ve found so far, for Andrzej Tobiasz. All the records are from the Kujawy area of Poland. The present day locations are in Gmina Inowrocław, Gmina Zakrzewo, Gmina Bądkowo, and Gmina Lubanie, all within Kujawsko-Pomorskie Province. The information is derived from the listed records below.
- Baptism of Andrzej Tobiasz (1833)
- Marriage of Andrzej Tobiasz and Jadwiga Gołębieska (1856)
- Baptism of Antonina Tobiasz (1859)
- Baptism of Antoni Tobiasz (1862)
- Baptism of Stanisław Tobiasz (1864)
- Baptism of Maryanna Tobiasz (1866)
- Baptism of Józef Tobiasz (1869)
- Baptism of Elzbieta Tobiasz (1873)
- Death of Elzbieta Tobiasz (1874)
- Death of Andrzej Tobiasz (1874)
- Marriage of Mateusz Urbanski and Antonina Tobiasz (1875)
- Marriage of Jakub Mrozowski and Jadwiga Tobiasz (1878)
- Marriage of Andrzej Majewski and Marianna Tobiasz (1884)
- Marriage of Antoni Tobiasz and Anastazja Jałoszyńska (1885)
- Marriage Stanislaw Tobiasz and Julianna Skoniezcna (1893)
- Mateusz Urbanski – Badkowo Inhabitant Registers
- Andrzej Majewski – Pikutkowo Inhabitant Registers
- Antoni Tobiasz – Badkowo Inhabitant Registers
- Stanislaw Tobiasz – Badkowo Inhabitant Registers
- Jozef Tobiasz – Badkowo Inhabitant Registers
All of the records above came from the Parchanie Parish, Siniarzewo Parish, Łowiczek Parish, Zbrachlin Parish, Wieniec Parish, or Gmina Inhabitant Registers. The records are taken from the LDS films, Meldunkowe section of the Genealodzy.pl website, Szukajwarchiwach.pl website, and/or the Genealogy in Archives website.
Andrzej Tobiasz was born in the village of Dulsk (1), on November 3rd, 1833, to his parents Stanisław Tobiasz and Agnieszka Buszka. Sometime before April 1845, the Stanisław and Agnieszka Tobiasz family moved from the Prussian village of Dulsk (or one the surrounding villages) to the Russian village of Krotoszyn (2).
Jadwiga Gołębiewska was born in the village of Wola Skarbkowo (3) – Osięciny Parish. She was the daughter of Michał and Józefa Gołębiewska. The family would move to the village of Siniarzewo (4), sometime before 1856.
Andrzej would seek employment as a stable hand/laborer in the village of Gosławice (5), where he also lived. Some of his brothers and sisters also resided in the area. On June 5th, 1856, Andrzej married Jadwiga Gołębieska, in the village of Gosławice. Ignacy Tobiasz, Andrzej’s brother, was there as a witness to the wedding.
Andrzej and his family would continue living in the village of Gosławice until and at least the year 1864. During this time, Andrzej was employed as a groom and baptized two more children. Andrzej and Jadwiga had a daughter named Antonina on March 1st, 1859 and a son named Antoni on August 1st, 1862.
During the years 1864-1866, Andzrej and Jadwiga had moved their family to the near by village of Siniarzewo. Andrzej would continue performing various jobs, such as a wagon driver and a day laborer. The couple would have two more children during this time. They had a son named Stanisław on May 6th, 1864 and a daughter named Maryanna on June 5th, 1866.
Sometime after the birth of Maryanna in June 1866, Andrzej moved his family to the village of Kolonia Łowiczek (6). During these years, Andrzej would work as a peasant farmer. On February 12th, 1869, Andrzej and Jadwiga had a son named Józef.
The family would move again before October 1873, this time to the near by village of Kolona Jożefewo (7). On October 5th, 1873, Andrzej and Jadwiga would have their final child, a daughter named Ełżbieta. She would pass away on March 21st, 1874. On May 14th, 1874, Andrzej Tobiasz died in the village of Kolonia Józefewo.
On September 7th, 1875, Andrzej and Jadwiga’s oldest daughter, Antonina, married Mateusz Urbański in the village of Kolonia Józefewo.The couple would have their permanent residence in the village of Józefowo (8), Gmina Bądkowo in house 1B. The couple would raise their family in the village of Józefewo until Antonina death on September 27th, 1886. Mateusz would remarry and continue to have more children.
Almost 3 years later on June 26th, 1878, the widowed Jadwiga Tobiasz would marry a widower named Jakub Mrozowski in the village of Łowiczek (9).
On November 11th, 1884, Marianna Tobiasz, aged 18, would marry Andrzej Majewski, aged 18, in the village of Dubielewo (10) – Wieniec Parish. The couple would have their permanent residence in the village of Brzezie (11), Gmina Pikutkowo in house #20. The couple would have many children in the Wieniec Parish.
Antoni Tobiasz would marry Anastazja Jałoszyńska in the village of Siutkowo (12) – Zbrachlin Parish, on November 6th, 1885. The couple would have their permanent residence in the village of Józefewo – Gmina Bądkowo, house #1. The couple would give birth to their children in the Łowiczek Parish.
On September 5th, 1893, in the village of Stara Wolica (13) – Wieniec Parish, Stanisław Tobiasz would marry Julianna Skonieczna. Stanisław was residing in the village of Brzezie at the time. The couple would have their permanent residence in the village of Józefowo, Gmina Bądkowo, house #1A. The couple would give birth to their children in the Wieniec Parish, until Stanisław’s death on February 3rd, 1918.
Józef Tobiasz would work as a laborer and make his permanent residence in the village of Józefowo, Gmina Bądkowo in house 1Ъ.
Children of Andrzej Tobiasz and Jadwiga Gołębiewska:
- Antonina Tobiasz, b. March 1, 1859, d. September 27, 1886
- Antoni Tobiasz, b. August 1, 1862, d. unknown
- Stanisław Tobiasz, b. May 6, 1864, d. February 3, 1918
- Marianna Tobiasz, b. June 3, 1866, d. unknown
- Józef Tobiasz, b. February 12, 1869, d. unknown
- Ełżbieta Tobiasz, b. October 5, 1873, d. March 21, 1874
- Dulsk, Kreis Inowroclaw, Department of Bromberg, Grand Duchy of Posen, United Prussian States.
- Krotoszyn, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Wola Skarbkowa, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Siniarzewo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Gosławice, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Kolonia Łowiczek, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Kolonia Józefewo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Józefewo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Łowiczek, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Dubielewo, Powiat Włocławek, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Brzezie, Powiat Włocławek, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Siutkowo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
- Stara Wolica, Powiat Włocławek, Warszawa Guberinia, Vistula Land, Russian Empire
The map below is a combination of maps found on the website for Map Archive of Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny: http://english.mapywig.org/news.php. The map below is derived from the following areas: Inowrocław, Ciechocinek, Lipno, Mogilno, Radziejów, Włocławek, Słupca, Sompolno, Kłodawa, Konin, Koło, and Łęczyca. I used Image Composite Editor to merge the maps into a panorama of the area where my ancestors were located. The map is not 100% aligned, but it does give a general idea of where villages were located.
- The villages with “stars” are the locations that Andrzej and Jadwiga lived.
- The villages with “diamonds” are the locations that the couple’s children lived.
More information for the villages within this article can be found on the Slownik Geograficzny Translations page on this website: http://www.apagr.com/slownik-geograficzny-translations/
- Check the Siniarzewo LDS films for birth/death in 1857 – possible child
- Check the Łowiczek LDS films for birth/death in 1871 – possible child