Antoni Nowak Family Research – Version I
I would like to update my summary of the records that I’ve found so far, for Antoni Nowak and Agnieszka Klocek (my 5x great grandparents). All the records are from the Kujawy area of Poland. The present day locations are in Gmina Dąbrówa Biskupia, Gmina Zakrzewo, Gmina Osięciny, and Gmina Dobre, which are within Kujawsko-Pomorskie Province. The information is derived from the listed records below.
- Baptism of Jadwiga Nowak (1792)
- Baptism of Magdalena Nowak (1794)
- Death of Szymon Nowak (1800)
- Baptism of Agata Nowak (1802)
- Baptism of Weronika Nowak (1804)
- Baptism of Lucja Nowak (1805)
- Death of Weronika Nowak (1805)
- Death of Jadwiga Nowak (1807)
- Baptism of Teresa Nowak (1807)
- Marriage of Feliks Nowak and Rozalia Musial (1810)
- Marriage of Jozef Matuszak and Agnieszka Nowak (1818)
- Marriage of Mikolaj Graczyk and Magdalena Nowak (1819)
- Marriage of Jan Nowak and Justyna Robaszewska (1824)
- Marriage of Roch Kowalczyk and Lucja Nowak (1829)
- Death of Magdalena Graczyk (1831)
- Death of Feliks Nowak (1833)
- Marriage of Wojciech Smiglowski and Lucja Kowalczyk nee Nowak (1849)
- Marriage of Jan Nowak and Agnieszka Jedrzejczak (1858)
- Death of Jan Nowak (1883)
All of the records above came from the Chlewiska Parish, Byczyna Parish, Straszewo Parish, Krzywosądz Parish, Kościelna Wieś Parish, or the Sędzin Parish. The records are taken from the LDS films, Meldunkowe section of the Genealodzy.pl website, Szukajwarchiwach.pl website, and/or the Genealogy in Archives website.
Antoni Nowak and Agnieszka Klocek married sometime before 1783. Note: The location and date are unknown at this time. Around 1783, the couple would give birth to a son named Feliks. Note: The location and date are unknown at this time. The couple married, resided, and grew their family in a location unknown. By 1792, the couple moved to the village of Przybysław (1).
On October 4th, 1792, Antoni and Agnieszka would give birth to a daughter named Jadwiga. Katarzyna Nowak was listed as the Godmother. Note: Katarzyna may be a sibling or an in-law. The couple would baptize another daughter, named Magdalena, on July 22nd, 1794. Katarzyna Mikołajczak was listed as the Godmother. Note: Need to investigate further to determine a correlation between Katarzyna Nowak and Katarzyna Mikołajczak.
Note: The baptism for the years between 1795-1799, for the Chlewiska Parish, are missing.
Around 1797, the couple would give birth to a child, named Szymon. By 1799, the couple would give birth to another son, named Jan, in the village of Przybysław. On November 22nd, 1800, Szymon, aged 3, would pass away. On January 30th, 1802, Agata, was born in the village of Przybysław. On March 27th, 1804, Antoni and Agnieszka would give birth to a daughter, named Weronika. On June 20th, 1805, Weronika would pass away in the village of Przybysław.
On the 27th of November, 1805, Łucja was born in the village of Przybysław. At the end of 1805, the family consisted of at least the following children: Feliks, aged 22; Jadwiga, aged 12; Magdalena, aged 11; Jan, aged 6; Agata, aged 3; and Łucja, aged 1 month. On April 1st, 1807, Jadwiga, aged 13, died in the village of Przybysław. Antoni and Agnieszka would give birth to a daughter, named Teresa, on September 7th, 1807. Note: I lose track of the family after 1807 – Antoni and Agnieszka did not remain in the Chlewiska Parish.
Feliks Nowak would marry Rozalia Musiał in the village and parish of Kościelna Wieś (2). Feliks was working as a laborer, while residing in the village. Note: Antoni Nowak was listed as a witness to the marriage and as the groom’s father. Feliks and Rozalia would move back to Przybysław, where the family would remain until their death in 1833. Feliks would pass away on March 7th, 1833. He would leave behind his wife and 4 children.
On November 14th, 1818, Agata, aged 17, would marry Józef Matuszak, in the village of Chrustowo (3). Note: Feliks Nowak was listed as a witness. The couple would reside in the villages of the Chlewiska, Straszewo, and Pieranie Parishes. Józef was a farm owner residing in the village of Zakrzewo (4), where he would raise his family.
Magdalena Nowak would marry Mikołaj Graczyk, on October 17th, 1819, in the village of Przybysław. The couple would reside in the villages of the Chlewiska Parish, where they would raise a family. Note: After 1831, the couple can not be found in the Chlewiska Parish. There is a death record for a Magdalena Graczyk in 1831, but her listed age is not correct.
On November 25th, 1824, Jan Nowak and Justyna Robaszewska would marry in the village of Bodzanowo (5), where they would raise their family. The couple would reside in many villages throughout the area. On May 9th, 1858, Jan Nowak would remarry. Jan married the widow Agnieszka Karaś nee Jędrzejczak, in the village of Krzywosądz (6). The couple would reside in the village of Krzywosądz until their deaths. Jan would pass away in the village of Krzywosądz, on June 13th, 1883.
Łucja Nowak would marry Roch Kowalczyk, on July 25th, 1829, in the village of Sędzin (7). The couple would reside in the village of Zakrzewo, where they would raise a family. Roch would pass away in 1848 and Łucja would remarry the following year. On November 14th, 1849, Łucja would marry Wojciech Smigłowski, in the village of Zakrzewo.
Children of Antoni and Agnieszka Nowak nee Klocek:
- Feliks Nowak, b. abt. 1783, d. March 7, 1833
- Jadwiga Nowak, b. October 4, 1792, d. April 1, 1807
- Magdalena Nowak, b. July 22, 1794, d. January 12, 1831
- Szymon Nowak, b. abt. 1797, d. November 22, 1800
- Jan Nowak, b. abt. 1799, d. June 13, 1883
- Agata Nowak, b. January 30, 1802, d. unknown
- Weronika Nowak, b. March 27, 1804, d. June 2o, 1805
- Lucja Nowak, b. November 27, 1805, d. unknown
- Teresa Nowak, b. September 7, 1807, d. unknown
- Przysbysław, Kreis Inowrocław, Westpreussisches Kammer-Departement für den Netzdistrict, Provinz Westpreußen, Königreich Preußen
- Kościelna Wieś, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Chrustowo, Kreis Inowrocław, Westpreussisches Kammer-Departement für den Netzdistrict, Provinz Westpreußen, Königreich Preußen
- Zakrzewo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Bodzanowo, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Krzywosądz, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
- Sędzin, Powiat Nieszawa, Warszawa Guberinia, Congress Kingdom of Poland
The map below is a combination of maps found on the website for Map Archive of Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny: http://english.mapywig.org/news.php. The map below is derived from the following areas: Ciechocinek and Radziejów. I used Photoshop to merge the maps into a panorama of the area where my ancestors were located. The map is not 100% aligned, but it does give a general idea of where villages were located.
The villages with “stars” are the Polish villages that are listed above under “Locations”. Only the locations of Antoni and Agnieszk’s residences are marked with “stars”. The locations of their children are marked with “diamonds”. More information for the villages within this article can be found on the Slownik Geograficzny Translations page on this website: http://www.apagr.com/slownik-geograficzny-translations/
- Search for the direct link of Marcin Nowak, born @1780. This could be Antoni and Agnieszka’s first child.
- Search for BMD records of the family prior to 1792. Feliks was born in another parish.
- Search for additional baptisms/deaths after 1807
- Find the death record of Antoni and Agnieszka Nowak after 1807